Neighbour - garden and IVY

VJ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi It's VJ again
My neighbour planted IVY and now its encroaching on my side and my side being south facing it's flourishing.
A type of person or family I am dealing with :- Can't talk to neighbour as no one can talk to them. They are law in themselves. My secondary fence is crumbling because of IVY. Neighbour had already complained about me to the council on numerous occasions.
I just need to cough and there would be a complaint and council has always rejected her complaint except dog barking (but at the time she did not approach me but went to the council and council again believed me that I was not aware of the problem.)
I annexed the land at the back in legitimate way but she complained - and good job I had Google photo showing that she was the one taken some land without permission. Her other neighbour can not have full size bins as she has taken their land and she tried to claim some land from me unsuccessfully.
How to deal with difficult neighbour and encroaching IVY?

Sponsored Links
You are entitled to cut back vegetation overhanging your perimeter. It remains their property so you are supposed to throw it back over the fence.

Weed killer, loads of weed killer, best around March April time (maybe earlier this year due to the weather) spray the new leaves, get them before they get the waxy layer on the leaves as this will stop the weed killer soaking in

Sponsored Links
Weed killer, loads of weed killer, best around March April time (maybe earlier this year due to the weather) spray the new leaves, get them before they get the waxy layer on the leaves as this will stop the weed killer soaking in

That would be illegal. Cutting back to the boundary and offering the arisings back to the owner as ntb posted above is the legal solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back