Spraying new wall with water seal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all!

Just had a small 5ft wall built with some brick piers topped with some indian sandstone

Is it advisable to spray the wall and sandstone with some water seal, seen everbuild do a waterseal, and loads of other branded ones cheap.

I was going to spray the wall and the indian sandstone pathway at the same time to help waterproof them and prevent frost damage as much possible

Is this advisable ?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The sandstone capping should, if properly specified, throw off the rain, water etc so no need for sealing.

I believe sealing brickwork fell out of favour some time ago because it prevented the bricks from "breathing"

The "pros" on here may have different views but I would not personally use it. (That said the water seal of Amazon has 80% 5 star ratings so it must be keeping some customers happy)

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back