spring sash secondary glazing? Please help! Please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to repair some modern(-ish) secondary glazed sash windows. Currently they just drop straight down as soon as the catch is released. I have removed one of the windows to reveal a twisted kebab-skewer-like greased rod (each side) which is supposed to slide up and down in an aluminium tube with a cyan-coloured plastic round bit on the end. The twisted rod has come out of this tube and it seems impossible to get it back in. Any suggestions? I have tried twisting it, forcing it, gently 'easing' it...everything!:(

Failing this, does ayone know where I can buy (cheaply, I hope!) replacement tube/rod/spiral spring units? Other than this, the windows are fine.

Many thanks in advance for any help anyone can give!!! :D

Sponsored Links
I have posted one here with the pdf instruction how to do it but I can't find it !! The search box not very good, will keep looking........

Are these what you require HERE

There are some pdf data sheets listed, but on the system here at work we cannot access pdf since IT upgraded or system so don't know what info they contain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back