Spring?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can we take the sudden cluster of people deciding that now is an OK time to start fiddling with their heating / hot water controls as a sign that spring really is here?

Sponsored Links
And bank holidays we will get all the people trying to fit their new light fittings and getting confused with the switch wire.

Scraped my wind screen the last two mornings running, spring maybe here but at present not spring like!

Sponsored Links
after a frosty night then a sunny morning, brief snow on the south coast around lunchtime,

It snowed in my part of London yesterday. Not for long, and not much, but it definitely snowed.

Three mornings running I've scrapped my blooming windscreen now and to top it all I forgot both my work phone and lunch box, DOH! Currently first fixing a building that will become Grade 2 listed, it's a wonderful if not time consuming project!

Reminds me of April 1981 and 1989, which were both really cold in parts!

Nearly 2:30 p.m. here at the moment and a beautiful 77 degrees on our patio. :)

There might be one or two things I miss about Britain, but the dreary, drawn-out winters aren't one of them!

Whilst at work today there were gardeners mowing the lawn, that first smell of freshly cut grass is a pleasure to ones nose!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back