spur from a double socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help me a friend wants me to put 3 double switch sockets in his conservatory. can i spur off from an existing double socket with the use of a fused connection unit.[/img]

Sponsored Links
i wouldnt if i were you, u need to make sure their on an RCD and extend the ring into the conservatory

dont forget to inform the local BC about the installation

pk1was said:
i wouldnt if i were you, u need to make sure their on an RCD and extend the ring into the conservatory
Both good ideas, particularly the RCD, but if you do put a spur in and the socket circuit isn't already RCD protected you could use an RCD FCU.

dont forget to inform the local BC about the installation
Why?

Adding a spur or extending the ring is not notifiable.

qbert said:
can anyone help me a friend wants me to put 3 double switch sockets in his conservatory. ]

Why is your friend asking you to put them in, knowing that your are not an electrician?

Sponsored Links
that,s not fair i'm a good diy'er i just wanted to know if what i am doing is safe and right

someone else double posting . . . only this time the question was changed slightly.

Thats 3 new, multiple posters in the last few days.

WTF is going on?

qbert - lacking competence is not quite the same as not being good, and asking questions in order to improve your knowledge is a good trait.

But starting new topics every time you have a follow up question is not....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back