Spur off a spur

Sponsored Links
I could see how it would be practical to be able to see the plug socket and the plug and whether it is turned on or off but I also have experience of a safety issue when reaching over heated appliances such as toasters and "just boiled" kettles. I will be remodelling my Kitchen soon and the socket I have in at the moment is approx 270mm from the worktop, having it this height isn't particularly attractive and the cables hanging down just look ugly. The kettle and the toaster are both offset from the socket for the afore mentioned reason.

Sponsored Links
I will be remodelling my Kitchen soon

The norm is 100mm ish from worktop to bottom of socket outlet, less then 50mm ish is too low. Or to suit height of tiling or other decorations, and try not to locate them behind any worktop appliances. Stay at least 150mm horizontally away from hob, sink or draining board.

Last edited:
The socket in the garage is not on the ring final, its a spur.
Are you sure :)
How i read it the original socket was in the garage I assume on a ring, maybe its a radial.
An electrician then spurred off of that into the kitchen.
Now another electrician has put yet another socket in the kitchen spurred off the other already spurred socket that was recently added in the kitchen.
Hence the spur from spur concern.

If on the same wall backing onto the garage it may be possible to reform the ring if it is one.

Not now that I read the OP properly!
It would be really useful to know if the garage socket is part of a ring. I do hope so, for if not, the new socket would be a spur off a spur off a spur. And that ain't right, as the song says.
On a 16a mcb :)……….

DS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back