2 spurs from a spur?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I’m just looking into this further before I start changing anything.

I have one double socket in the dining room, which is spurred from a single socket in the bedroom above which is on the ring main.

There are a further 2 double sockets spurred from the spur in the dining room. Is this 'allowed'? I thought you could only have 1 spur from a socket on the ring.

To leave the spurs as they are, could I change the single socket in the bedroom that’s feeding the 3spurs to a FCU with a 13amp fuse?

Also, if I did change it to a 13amp FCU, is it possible to add anymore spurs?

The sockets are used for lcd tv, sky hd, blu ray, laptop charger, xbox etc.. nothing like heaters, hoovers etc.

Thanks!
Adam

Sponsored Links
To leave the spurs as they are, could I change the single socket in the bedroom that’s feeding the 3spurs to a FCU with a 13amp fuse?

Also, if I did change it to a 13amp FCU, is it possible to add anymore spurs?
This is an acceptable way of sorting your problem although in reality you might be better getting a new ring downstairs or extending the existing ground floor ring if possible to include these sockets.

You can have as many sockets as you like from the 13A FCU but beware you may spend alot of time changing fuses. Not likely with the sort of load you are talking about though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back