Spur off junction box behind cooker?

22 Jul 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Had a search but can't find a specific answer, so after a bit of pro advice.

I have a socket in the kitchen (aware of Building reg requirements) that has a spur off it serving another socket in an adjacent room.

I need to form a spur from this socket in the kitchen in order I can supply the extractor hood via a fan switch and fixed fused conection unit.

As I cannot wire two spurs from the kitchen socket, am I correct in thinking I can break into the ring circuit as it continues down from my socket below work top level; set a junction box in with a blank cover plate and spur off that to supply the other room, so long as the blank plate is in an accessible place e.g behind the cooker.

Hope this makes sense.

Sponsored Links
Why not just put the FCU on the wall next to the socket, on the ring, and run to the cooker hood from there?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links