sql database?

Eddie M said:
Igorian said:
Eddie M said:
Softus said:
So be it, but you don't know everyone in the IT industry.

True, but those I do know, including quite a few DBA's and programmers refer to SQL as "sequel", I don't know anyone that says S Q L :?:

I'll be your first. I have a DB2 background and it was generally referred to as SQL. However, I seem to remember one contract I had where they called it Squirrel. :LOL:

I still use DB2 (DB/2) :!: maybe it's changed 'cos we all call it sequel :D or more usually that pile of mainframe s**te ! TSO / Fileaid, we love it..... not :!:

Nah, I like mainframes. TSO & Fileaid were ok too.

Sponsored Links
Igorian said:
Eddie M said:
Igorian said:
Eddie M said:
Softus said:

True, but those I do know, including quite a few DBA's and programmers refer to SQL as "sequel", I don't know anyone that says S Q L :?:

I'll be your first. I have a DB2 background and it was generally referred to as SQL. However, I seem to remember one contract I had where they called it Squirrel. :LOL:

I still use DB2 (DB/2) :!: maybe it's changed 'cos we all call it sequel :D or more usually that pile of mainframe s**te ! TSO / Fileaid, we love it..... not :!:

:eek:

F6 to execute, obvious!

F3 F3 F3 I'm outta here.

Eddie M said:
Igorian said:
Eddie M said:
Igorian said:
Eddie M said:
Softus said:

:eek:

F6 to execute, obvious!

F3 F3 F3 I'm outta here.

Ahh, but that's "modern" TSO with ISPF. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Igorian said:
I'll be your first.
I think I can declare myself to have taken Eddie M's "S Q L" cherry. :D

I have a DB2 background and it was generally referred to as SQL.
Sybase myself, and it was always "S Q L", except for the pratts who mistakenly called it "Sequel".

Eddie M said:
For instance the rather rubbish example I gave returns all records from the IT industry table where the value in the table "known as" equals "sequel"

Clear as mud :?:
To be picky, I would have said that it returns all rows from the table "it-industry" that contain the value "sequel" in the column "known_as".

When I were a lad and we moved to DB2, I had to learn SQL and it was called "S Q L"

Subsequently, when SQL Server came out, people started calling it "Sequel Server".

Maybe easier to say?

Less than 7% if you say "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy Sequel server".

Sponsored Links
Back