square metreage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been asked to lay 200 square metres of 130x18 engineered oak flooring. It is t&g and will be laid floating. I wondered if anybody would be able to give me an idea of how many square metres a proffesional is expected to lay in one day to give me an idea of how to best price the job. I think it is worth noting that this 200 is on two floors covering many rooms, thank you very much for any replies.

Sponsored Links
Depends on...
Quality of T&G (precisely routered or needing to bang it in)
quality of underfloor - level or not level, dips, hills etc
number of doors to undercut, thresholds to place etc etc

Between 10 - 40 sq m a day (I know that does not tell you anything at all, but that's the real world of professionals ;))

Thank you "Wood You Like" I just needed to get an idea as vague as you think your response is, it has helped. The property I am pricing is a new build pre fab structure over two storeys, pretty straight forward really and all very level. Thank you once again.

BTW I shall point the customer in your direction as the house is just shy of a £1.5 million build and he hasn't chosen his floor yet.

Sponsored Links
Cheers chirpychippy - hope you did tell them to mention your good self as referral source?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back