Squeaking/Creacking Floor upstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently bought a new house. All of upstairs are very noisy. I have wooden panels in all my rooms upstairs the rest is carpeted including staircase.

Staircase is ok but rooms and corridor upstairs is very squeaking and in 1 spot when you step on you can even hear pipes.

Is there anything i can do with it? My house has 10 years warranty is this issue covered?

Another thing is water pressure is getting low when we use shower/washing machine or open taps downstairs at the same time. Foreman said its normal and there is a valve to adjust in the kitchen but he doesn't recommend increasing pressure because it might blow the pipes. I dont know but why in old houses i used to live before everything was ok?

Any solution please?

Sponsored Links
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, NHBC stands for, "New Houses are Built Crap". You could try chasing them for warranty work.

The joist sizes will likely be the minimum they can get away with, the wayrock flooring will probably be the thinner at 18mm and joints possibly not glued. They should be screwed down, more prone to squeaking when nailed. Sounds like the pipes are plastic push fit, possibly just 15mm pipe size and a combi boiler without a storage tank.

Solution? Rip it all out and get the proper stuff properly installed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back