squeaking pine bed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - does anyone have a solution to stop my pine bed squeaking? it just seems to be the wood rubbing against itself..

Sponsored Links
tighten loose joints
sprinkle talcum powder
and as a last resort wd40 and wipe off excess after 20 seconds wipe clean with kitchen towel then wipe clean with a damp soapy cloth dry again with kitchen paper

and remember the squeaking may be coming from another area to where you think so move the bed with the matress off

Apart from the talcum powder, it is possible to loosen off the joints and slip a piece of felt between them, then retighten. This will not stop the joints moving but felt cannot squeak. You can make a temporary buffer with kitchen roll, but this will soon wear away. it has to go in the joint between the touching parts.

I presume you have already looked at the bed frame and tightened all the joints, and there are no broken or missing parts? You will need a couple of spanners and possible a large screwdriver.

thanku for that - i will try all those things - i've also seen that rubbing candle wax or soap might help -

Sponsored Links
shellybabe said:
Hi - does anyone have a solution to stop my pine bed squeaking? it just seems to be the wood rubbing against itself..
Have done one for somebody, with their permission I've glued all the joints and add extra corner wood blocks where I could, what a difference but they will have to cut it up if they need a new bed!

727_love031.gif

How about bromide in your boyfriends coffee? That would be a good solution.

i put Bromide in the coffee like u said --- --

Na- really i did everything u said-- took the bed to bits, waxed it, talc-ed it, felted it and wd-40'd a couple of bits, by then i was sweatin madly so put it back together and bounced on it and Guess what .................... NO Squeaks at all for the first time in 3 years -- Hurray !!!

So thanks to you all for your advice it worked a treat - Cheers Lads :D

It will be appreciated if you stay awake and pay attention.

shellybabe said:
i did everything u said-- took the bed to bits, waxed it, talc-ed it, felted it and wd-40'd a couple of bits

you waxed it ANd talc'd it AND felted it AND wd40'd it !!!! lol :eek:

I think they were all meant to be seperate suggestions

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back