Squeaky floor boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Close to losing my sanity with squeaky floor boards, not even a ninja could move around my upstairs bedrooms without waking the whole house !
Tried screwing down using standard type screws but not much better.
Can anyone kindly offer some advice. Is there a super screw out there that will solve my head ache ?

Floor makeup - 22mm T&G pine nailed to 40mm timber battons on prefab trussed steel joists, all circa 1950 ex council.

DD.

Sponsored Links
try talc between the cracks where the wood is touching including nail/screw heads and cracks to joists

dont use talc if you have a gap where the wood aint touching as it wont do any good

Hi

Had a smilar problem with floor boards and sanity- tried screws nails and talc, none solved the problem eventually traced it down to the 40mm batterns - flexing, twisted, cut out for electrics etc. had to go round - pack them out with wedges stop the flex, strengthen around electric cut outs, cross noggins to help twist - a long job but eventually got there - sanity restored :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back