Staining Louvre Doors

qc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for some advice regarding how best to stain louvre doors.

I have 4 doors in total and although hung I can easily take them off if necessary to get them stained.

I have used Spencer's stain on all my woodwork and have been well impressed with the smooth finish. However, I found the stain to be quit thin and am worried that the louvre doors will be a nightmare to make a neat job of.

Is there any spray on stain that anyone would recommend or anyone got a tip for how to neatly do it with the stain I have already?

Cheers,

Q.

Sponsored Links
You could try thinning the stuff you have no..putitng it on with a brush and then wiping ver it with a soft lint free cloth to get rid of the brushmarks

I would use oil based wood DYE not stain..add a drop of clear varnish to it and do the same..I find it gives a nice natural finish...after the forst coat rub down with fine wet and dry or finishing paper and re varnish with clear stuff.

Cheers Zampa,

My fear is that because of all the slats the stuff will run underneath and turn into a mess. Have been fairly impressed with the finish of the stain, very smooth. Anyway, it will be a job for the summer months I think :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back