staining skirting to match velux windows

Why say that some water based varnishes don't perform very well, then as soon as I say that the OP's chosen product is not as good as a P/U you change your tune to say 'as a matter of fact' they perform better. Slight contradiction in my eyes.

It seems you just like to post anything that is the opposite of what I say judging by the countless other times it has happened. ;)

Sponsored Links
Why say that some water based varnishes don't perform very well, then as soon as I say that the OP's chosen product is not as good as a P/U you change your tune to say 'as a matter of fact' they perform better. Slight contradiction in my eyes.

It seems you just like to post anything that is the opposite of what I say judging by the countless other times it has happened. ;)

I think that the word some is confusing you, my tune has not in anyway changed, you also say that the OPs choosen product is not as good as polyurethane yet the OPs choosen product is polyurethane it is just not solvent borne but acrylic/resin based.

Some perform badly whilst others can often out perform their solvent borne counterparts I could name a few but frankly I have at this time no wish to do so.

Dec

OK but your post did seem to suggest that I had said all water based were not as good as solvent - in which case you misunderstood.

I'm just a little bemused as to why you waited until immediately after I had posted before saying that some water based varnishes can perform better when you could have said it initially.

Never mind, water (or solvent ;) ) under the bridge now!

Sponsored Links
My post suggested nothing of the sort and when I choose to offer a reply is my concern.

Dec

now now boys lol
thanks for all your advise gonna use this ronseal varnish see how it goes,
another thing what is the best way to apply and what grade sandpaper should i be using inbetween coats
cheers

You would get the best results using a synthetic bristle brush such as a Purdy and 240 grit paper used wet would be fine.

Dec

If you are looking for a quality acrylic/water based clear varnish then try Johnstones quick drying polyurethane acrylic floor varnish. I used it when restoring parquet flooring in our house three years ago and it is really tough and durable. Have used it on all sorts of woodwork since with good results in terms of finish and durability.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back