Stainless steel splashback

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to put a stainless steel splash back behind a cooker in a flat I rent out. The wallpaper is vinyl. I was going to use gorilla glue but apparently it requires some moisture for good adhesion. Can anyone recommend an adhesive should I use please?

Many thanks.O

Sponsored Links
Drill, plug and screw a thin sheet of plywood or MR-MDF to the wall then glue the stainless sheet to that with Mirror Mate. The reason for using the plywood is that if the cooker has been used st all the wall behind it will almost certainly be contaminated with cooking grease and therefore can be a problematic surface for any adhesive to adhere to - clean ply or MDF won't be. Raw edges can be sealed with silicone or gloss painted

Last edited by a moderator:
That is great idea JobAndKnock. I did not think of that. Thank you very much.

Sponsored Links
S/S is a PITA to keep looking good. Looks old very quickly and wouldnt have it in my house, choose something different maybe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back