stair carpet whilst decorating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wwhen decorating the hall,I removed carpet whilst painting the wood wor k in order to get a nice finish. being a hall the carpet was not a regular shape so when i came to re fit it it was a right pain in the bum ( didnt help that i folded it not rolled it so there were creases) but i am not too fussed as we are intending to replace the carpet with wooden floor once its decorated.
So now i am onto the stairwell and i am wondering if i should remove the satir carpet to paint the wood.
It seems that the carpet isnt one continous piece but several pieces - the straight "standard " stairs are one piece but any " curve steps" are seperate

we do need to keep this carpet so i cant afford any creases etc( which will really wind me up)

so my question is will it be easier to refit the carpet ( smaller pieces) or, becuase its stairs, will it be a right royal pain.

many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Make each tread with masking tape and remove, once finished decorating I would advise to get a carpet layer in to relay it. You want it 'fitted' and looking good.

Andy

sorry but i am a bit confused.
do you advise removing the carpet or keeping it in situ and masking it?
thanks

Sorry what I meant to say was 'Mark every tread with masking tape, eg 1,2,3,4,5 then remove the carpet and store.'

Once you have finished decorating the carpet layer who know what piece of carpet goes where.

Andy

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back