Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone tell me if this would pass building regs

upload_2020-8-5_15-25-26.png

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I’m sure I’ve had this before. Instead of that step having one kite winder leading to the right, you’d also have one leading to the left as per the attached. Can’t remember if that is dependant on having one or two kite winders.

Attachments

• 33BDFB86-6248-46A3-AA40-9E7FC295473E.jpeg
    33BDFB86-6248-46A3-AA40-9E7FC295473E.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 202
Have you got kids?

I've seen various arrangements on our road when extending and altering the staircase.

We went for a flat landing and in my opinion makes the extension feel part of the house rather than bolted onto the side.

Is that a single step to the left?
Yes that is a single step, there will be a landing there leading to a single room.

Have you got kids?

I've seen various arrangements on our road when extending and altering the staircase.

We went for a flat landing and in my opinion makes the extension feel part of the house rather than bolted onto the side.
I would like to have a landing there but i have no room to move the steps back or move the wall at the top so this is my only option i think

Would mean an alterations to your current landing but maybe less of a trip hazard (poor image i know)

upload_2020-8-11_22-45-7.png

This arrangement would not conform to guidance provided in the approved documents. So could only be 'signed-off' at the discretion of the BCO/AI. Plus, what's holding up the floor?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back