Stair lift wiring diagram meditec

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening
Has anyone got a wiring diagram for Meditek stair lift
Would be good I could get it tonight

Sponsored Links
I had an obfuscated LMGTFY link ready to go - for some reason I didn't post it.

That's OK. We work voluntarily without thanks and can drop all our domestic responsibilities in a flash to help out and all for no thanks whatsoever.

The only document I can find is the user manual. I suspect the engineer's or installation manuals are not widely publicised.

http://www.dolphinlifts.co.uk/images/library/documents/meditek-stairlift-user-manual.pdf

PS. You could have tried the search I did yourself...

Bit harsh, me thinks
Did that search actually find the wiring diagram though.
If not whos to say he hasnt tried that in vain and resorted to asking here,
Proberly unlikely to return.

Sponsored Links
Bit harsh, me thinks
Did that search actually find the wiring diagram though.
If not whos to say he hasnt tried that in vain and resorted to asking here,
Proberly unlikely to return.
due to being stuck at the top of the stairs all night :LOL:

DS

The first thing he said was "Good Evening" so you guys are being pedantic, he was as polite as one can be, and don't forget he is probably trying to get this sorted out for an old granny somewhere unable to use her stair lift.

He also said "would be good" meaning he would be pleased with you or someone, if someone could help, you come here to offer help then offer help and don;t expect something in return, if after he feels he has got some help or someone went out of his way to offer whatever little help he could, then he can leave you a thank you remark.

I had same problem with Stannah Stair lifts, I did in the end find a wiring diagram of sorts, but it's one of those where there is a block which it does not show what is inside the block. As it if a stair lift comes under same rules as standard lifts I don't know? Unlike a standard lift an able bodied person can simply stand up and walk away from it, it it fails one is not trapped in a box.

However when for the use of the disabled it is very different, and my mother with only one leg would be trapped if the stair lift failed, it would require call to fire department to rescue her.

I have found the Stannah we have installed has safety features which make it less safe, it will not allow one to descend until the leg at bottom is extended, so the leg has to be extended from a position where it is out of sight. When the battery voltage drops it stops, I can see how it would need in the end to stop, but would have expected a buzzer or other indicator first to warn battery becoming discharged, before it finally stops. There are no safety beams or switches on the leg which needs extending before it will travel, although loads of safety switches on the lift its self.

So in real terms they are not really suitable when the user relies on them, they are only to make life easy. Yet fitted by council for my mother with one leg. I find it is great for sending up washing and things, but not really enough room to transport me, my legs are too long.

It has failed, for two unconnected reasons. First was simply a faulty battery, charge voltage is 29 volt which to my mind is too high, so if used every day it's OK, but once a week and batteries don't last long, and then one has the job of manually winding it back up stairs which takes ages, due to extending leg it can't be left down stairs. Second fault was a multi-pin connector coming apart under the seat. It only needed plugging back in, but it took ages to find. For that fault I was trying to use the circuit diagram to trace the fault, but at the end of the day it was my son who found the fault by simply ripping off anything which hid wiring harnesses.

Being fair to Stannah the lift is around 15 years old, but hardly used. It is so slow you would only use it if forced, except as a dumb waiter. When really lazy I send up breakfast for wife on it, saves spilling coffee on the stairs.

What seems odd is the way everything is RF linked, the leg being extended is RF linked, the wall mounted call buttons RF linked, they need a PP3 battery to work, the whole chair is battery operated, the 230 volt supply only re-charges the battery at top or middle of stairs, well there is a charge point at bottom, but that would block access to front door.

There is a line of LED's to show what it is doing, but you can only see them with safety covers off. It's like one of those projects you do in University, they show what could be done, but no one has done a proof testing on it, and it needs more work before it would be commercially viable. I keep it running as it suits me, but if I was to rent out the house, it would need ripping out. For one thing can't get a double bed upstairs.

I wish you luck, I hope if you understand some of the general failings with stair lifts, it may point you in right direction?

erricmark, Yours must be modern version microprocessor driven, I bought one for my mother because she had knee problem, it was 1994, Stanah, currently it is sitting in my garden, because i had new carpets fitted about 4 months ago, and took it out, so it has not gone back in yet, it is mains driven and has no batteries, it has been only ever serviced once or twice by Stanah, other than that it stopped working two different times, and I was able to replace blown fuses. It has no RC, but buttons and joy stick control and a key operated switch to stop kids fooling around with it. I once carried a 5 foot glass table top, with metal stand, I was taking the glass table upstairs for storage, when half way the builder who was doing some work in living room wanted it out of his way, he was standing at the bottom whilst i had it balanced on its foot rest, but majority of its weight was at the bottom end so I had to hold the top from toppling over, but the builder stopped half way just to make sure it doesn't catch on the stairs upper landing edge, when i said no carry on plenty of clearance, as he pushed the button, sudden motion and I lost my grip, that 10mm thick tainted glass table 5 by 3 foot ca,e crashing down, and if the builder had not jumped out of the way for his life he would have been cut to pieces! when it landed at the bottom, it exploded into shards of glass, cut the carpet into pieces! wow, that was a close shave! This really wasn't very funny either!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back