Starting an en-suite conversion to a wetroom.

some good work here mike, nice one, looks good, you should be proud.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Jefoss.

Just about to start a new project. Much simpler this time, no plumbing involved, no waterproofing, two small electrical wiring jobs.

Look for project titled Walk in Wardrobe. :D

Nice work there buddy! I know how you feel, it does take it out of you when you have a full time job as well!

Sponsored Links
Hi mikeg 68. It looks like you have done a really nice job. I am thinking of doing the same and just wondered what tanking system you used and what underfloor heating was used. P.S thanks for taking the time to put up the pictures and commentary.

hi tony_m,
I used the BAL (WP1 I think it's called?) memberane tanking system. Very straight forward and it's sealed the room perfectly. I sealed the whole floor, and where the shower area is, from the pics you can see I tanked all the way up the wall but in all honesty, I don't think it was necessary to go so high. The water can't go above the height of the shower head.
The underfloor heating was the one from B&Q, simple to lay and works fine. I went for the adjustable thermostat in the end. Again, all very simple to fit. Any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back