Starting Date?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the best way to find out the starting date of a company you worked for, taking to consideration the company name has changed since you began work there and their records are not very good?
Is it simply a question of ringing the tax office?
or is there other ways, I have rough idea but can not remember the exact date and have not kept my P60s.

Sponsored Links
The taxman may have the info.

If you have bank statements going back years, you could look at those to give you a start month.

or maybe a Letter of acceptance on your PC, or original contract.

But I'm guessing you probably don't if you don't have your P60s.

It was back in the day of cash wages and no slips kept. So no bank details of wage entries, that could be relevant. No computer records and it was a verbal contract and not written.
The company changed name whilst I was employed but never stopped trading. Something to do with changing to a Ltd Company.
I have the date for when the company name changed but seems all other electronic records prior to this are non-existent.

Sponsored Links
Spoke to IR today but due to recent computer software updates thay hav no longer record that go back to the period I am after.
The national insurance service were about as useful as a one legged man at an arse kicking competition!
The bank may be my best option, there could be a chance thatI was paid by cheques, but sure it was cash. But if I can get statements back far enough, it will give me an idea of what I was up to traveling wise, might jog the the old stuff!

Back