Fire alarm weekly testing - rules

Y

yaleguy3

I used to be in a premises with a fire alarm and my responsibility was to weekly test the alarm I would then use the plastic key to reset the alarm and keep a signed and dated record of the test on a log next to the panel.
These records would be inspected by HSE.

My friend in an office has responsibility for Facilities Management and he has got quotes in from outside companies to perform this task weekly at the cost of between £600 and £1400 per annum.

Have the rules changed? can my friend not simply do what I used to do?

Sponsored Links
No the rules have not changed. It is the users responsibility to carry out weekly tests, this is usually the call points, done in rotation. However the complete system has to be tested within a 12 month period usually over 2 x 6 monthly visits.

Cheers,
Although he will end up being he responsible person he is going to have responsibility for three sites. The saving could be worthwhile.
He has to visit all sites anyway during his normal duties.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back