Starting from brick work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I think I'm going to take the old plaster in the room down and start again before I tile my bathroom.
I was just wondering what would be the best stuff to use on the wall (I will have a bath with a shower fitted in one corner).
I don't want to wait for ages for plaster to dry so was thinking of plasterboarding 2 of the walls dot and dab and putting aqua panel on the 2 walls where the shower would be.
Does this sound OK to you or can someone recommend me something better?
Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
I'd fit plasterboard all round and just tank the walls around the shower and bath.

Go with gcol's advice,not only does it work out marginally cheaper to plasterboard and tank but also plasterboard is a lot easier to work with than aquapanel.Dot and dab boards straight onto the brickwork no need to mess about drilling etc as with aquapanel.

Thank you for the replies, I don't know too much about tanking, I just prime the walls paint the stuff on then tile straight onto the wp1 once it's dried is that right?
The tiles are about 30cm x 40cm x 1cm ceramic is the tanking alright with this much weight?
Thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links
Have used tanking many times and never had an issue yet,try ringing their tech line if your a bit unsure,piece of mind ;)

I don't know too much about tanking, I just prime the walls paint the stuff on then tile straight onto the wp1 once it's dried is that right?
Dot and dab the 12mm plasterboard to the walls. No priming is generally required. Tank the shower areas and just go straight onto the plasterboard with adhesive in all other areas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back