How long for dot and dab to dry before tiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've posted the same question in the plastering forum but thought the tilers may know the answer too.

I am going to plasterboard my bathroom walls using 12.mm board and dot and dab. I will also be using frame fixings through the dot and dab into the brick for extra strength as I'm going to tile the walls using porcelain tiles.

My question is, how long do I need to leave the dot and dab to dry before I start tiling? I read on another forum that it's 2 weeks - i hope not as I've only got a few days off work to get the bathroom done!!

I did think about using dry fix foam, but my walls are quite uneven red brick walls so I'm not convinced it'll do the job

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Rob

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/plaste...ab-to-dry-before-tiling.343775/#ixzz2BjON8NB0

Sponsored Links
dry line addy sets fairly quick mate, with the addition of mechanical fixings i would give it a minimum 24 hours before tiling, there is going to be a fair bit of weight in the porcelain tiles and if the boards aint set properly you will come unstuck.
Why not use hardie backer boards around your bath / shower area, much better than mr plasterboard and not much difference in price

Take it you're using MR plasterboard?

Deffo use of aquapanel in wet areas, with mechanical fixings (i.e screws with wallplugs) within tiled areas.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back