State pension triple lock

Sponsored Links
"no taxation without representation"
Given people are increasingly becoming homeless due to governments following the agenda 30 crib sheet and not represented in their workings, is it time for a review?

Sponsored Links
my state pension up to £13,609 so if it was my only income I would be paying tax on that.
Maybe, but I'm not sure about that. How would it be deducted? Currently if your total income including (state) pension is above £12570 you're taxed on the difference, but it's deducted from your other income (which might include non-state pension).

Maybe, but I'm not sure about that. How would it be deducted? Currently if your total income including (state) pension is above £12570 you're taxed on the difference, but it's deducted from your other income (which might include non-state pension).

negative tax code

And I think you're living in a world of fantasy
So still no proof of your statement - "You do of course realise that if your state pension was made non-taxable, the gross amount would be reduced"? Just your supposition then. Show the proof of your statement or admit you were wrong and stop swerving the question.

Taxing the state pension and paying more is the better option. That way any people with large private pensions are going to be paying more tax on their 40% income so it's more redistributive.

Taxing the state pension and paying more is the better option. That way any people with large private pensions are going to be paying more tax on their 40% income so it's more redistributive.
Yes but my point was about those that have JUST their state pension to survive on and nothing else. They shouldn’t be given money from the government and then have to pay some of it back.

Sponsored Links
Back