Static Caravan 13Amp cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,

I have a friend that is living in a static caravan for a while with , mains power running from a property about 100 meters away .

The main cable running from the house is the big heavy cable dont know 30mm thick stuff .

The problem is the last 10 meters running into the caravan is standard 13amp cable .

I need to know what the maximum kw you can run off this whithout the cable melting or fuses blowing , she is running fridge , kettle , and just purchased two 500w oil heaters for the winter , also tv and lights are on most of the time .

Thanks , asking as it sounds on the limits to me .

Sponsored Links
30mm thick stuff... could be anything. providing the voltage drop from that isnt too high, and the CSA is thick enough for the 13A load, the max you can draw is 13A. which is around 3KW. so, she will be very close to the 13A limit. also, i hope this isnt using 13A plugs and sockets outside for connection unless they have a suitable IP ratings. most caravans are fed from a 16A BS4343 connector, which gives you 3 extra amps

leacol36 said:
The problem is the last 10 meters running into the caravan is standard 13amp cable .
There is no such thing. What exactly do you mean?

Sponsored Links
We would need to know the cross sectional area and type of cables before even attempting to calculate the supply characteristics.

Umm....and what earthing arrangement is being used? If its TT, I hope there is an RCD, and if it is a TN, the Zdb would need to be measured a tthe caravan to ensure disconnection in the event of a fault.........100m is a long way!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back