step up to bi fold doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Recently had tri-fold sliding do dar what's it door and on the inside there is a step from the brickwork to the floor level.
I want to lay wood across the length so I can paint etc.
The brick/block is uneven and there are brackets as well, so can i lay the wood on to a bed of mortar to fix it and set the level?

If not what can I use? expanding foam?

Sponsored Links
first is how it will sit when fitted

and this is what is underneath.

It is un-even and if i just plonk the wood on top then it is not level or fully seated in places and so will bend and bow when stood on.

Ideally I don't want to sink screws through the wood.

I though if i laid a bed of mortar then dropped the wood in place and levelled it out like a was laying a brick, would it hold the wood in place?

Sponsored Links
In case anyone else searches for similar.

I did not do as advised above (sorry)

I had half a bag of 'out of date'' browning plaster, so mixed that, plopped it down like brick mortar, wood on top, tap to level in all directions, then 4 hours later, sunk some screws and plugs in at the back and now the plater has set off nice and hard and the board has solid backing with no voids.

Maybe a 'bodge' but its worked :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back