Sticky Lead coming unstuck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Sticky lead has come unstuck from the Plastic Fascia a few times now, we know when it has, as it lets water into the conservatory when it rains, I've been up and pushed it back onto the Fascia.

Can anyone recommend a remedy for this, ie is there a "Sticky lead glue", or if no remedy, what action to take?

TIA

Sponsored Links
PS The Roof and Sticky lead are a couple of months old & the Plastic Fascia was washed and dried before applying the Sticky Lead

Two months old? You didn't heat it up then when sticking the non-sticky lead?

By some Flashband Primer or use some bituminous mastic/Roofers Mate/Roofers Seal from a tube.

Thanks for the reply Woody

Sisters boyfriend did the Job, I helped & no, he didn't apply any heat.

Am I right in that apply the Flashband primer where it isn't sticking (like a glue) and push it back into place?

Sponsored Links
Have a read of the instructions, I can't remember if its like contact adhesive where you let it tack for a while or if it sticks straight away. In any case you still may need a bit of heat at this time of year. Hot air gun if you can as its safer and less chance of it melting the flashband

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back