Stock market dealing

Correction - apparently "it" didn't happen.
The issue was a bond divergence, which means not enough bonds had been bought in the month, which gave rise to the suggestion that stocks would have to be sold to buy more bonds by the end of the month. Thay said.
Next month it'll be called out again, and we'll all yawn - and there'll be a 20% selloff.

Uppy sort of day so it was OK.
I've left myself long in Mara so bitcoin may flop this weekend!

I don't hold a lot of stocks individually, but these have been interesting recently
Some stocks I've been holding which HAVE done OK: I'm always looking for a steady 0.5 +% or so a day growth. Last month or so I treat as most significant, then 3m.
The figures are 1day, week, month, 3m, 6m, 1y %
GE - always. It ignores the news and moves steadily . Never does anything rash.
Currys, I bought the day they announced the take-over plan. It's up 6% since. I'll wait and see if it pumps, with a tight stop.

3SMH (semiconductors ETF)
14, 15, 60, 139,140, 318 Expecting a pullback, as usual.
This one's a wild ride, it can drop 10%, then go up 5% a day for the next few days. Swing trade it while trying not to asphyxiate.

Mara the crypto broker
4,13,45,97,125,314 As long as crypto holds, it seems to be a multiplier. Also see Coin, Riot, Hut8

Rheinmetall - up 30% steadily in the last 15 days, pretty good before that.

Abercrombie and Fitch unbelievable: One percent per trading day, forever?
3, 7, 23, 69, 140, 350. I have 100k in that one. I still buy polo shirts from George at Asda.

Alpha Metallurgical Resources. About 1% a day - keep the stop tight

SMC - Sociedad Quimicas de Chile 30% in the last 15 days. A Lithium stock.

Bank of Georgia hass had a good run, and GSK
The figures for a FANG ETF aren't all that good

Whereas 3NVD has: these percentages. I increased to 100k in that then sold. It's up again but it makes me nervous
11, 8, 109, 346, 256, 2158

and SMC. I held a bit for a while, but I'm scared of this one Times 2.4 in 3 weeks or so without leverage.
4 , 5 , 55 , 235 , 220, 787

I have acouple of Uranium stocks, one is well up tbutthe other has gone backwards.
Rolls is quite good for a Brit
some in some sectors which have done surprisingly badly
and a load of crap which is doing basically nothing, which I should dump!

In some cases there are both Brit/EU ETFs and US ones - the US ones do much better in some cases.

Sponsored Links
Just saying because I know nothing about stocks & trading etc. However, I do know that the price of everything has gone sky high.
So, I read the following article in:

The New Statesman 1 - 7 march 2024,
The QE Theory of Everything. The $30 trillion gamble that changed the world. by Will Dunn.

QE is quantitative easing, and the article claims to explain how the $30 trillion QE experiment dramatically reshaped our world - from Trump to Brexit to the dominance of big Tech.

From what I could understand Dunn's account seems accurate especially as an early whistle blower on the QE experiment was told by his boss to: "Shut the **** up you are a trouble maker".
Power doesn't like truth & as it attempts to suppress it then it confirms the truth.

Why did you enter, then? VWAP is the one to look at for something being below par afaik, more traditionally the 150 or 200 daily.
The boyos only tend to go long OVER the long term lines, which defeated me at first.

I think Shawn would have held that all day. or doggedly until it was positive. Or he'd have quietly covered, as he says

I looked in late today and thought AMD might have longer legs, but it didn't, much.
It looks like the days before stocks trended all day like they have more recently. A mess, really.

That Shawn seems to be getting more obnoxious . Everything is wonderful even when he loses. Beats me why they faff around between a dozen stocks, without even lookng at oil or gas, say, let alone someting small that's moving a larger percentage. HIuge fuss when he makes a dahlar, even if it's a $800 stock.
I missed whatever it was today that could have moved the markets. Bond Auction? Maybe it's tomorrow. Nvidia hasn't really moved. Surely a sting has to be around the corner though.

OOPs forget to press go - this was yesterday

Because you said earlier that it's like waves on a beach - you can predict that the price will keep going back and forth. Well, what does it go back and forth around? The average price surely? So look to buy when it's below that.

Shawn got in at a much higher price than me and then got stopped out like me, in fact.

Thursday and Friday's trades below. I decided on Friday that I would try to do like you apparently do - look for the early risers, find a place to get in, and hold on for the rest of the day. Still lost. Good job I didn't get in on fuboTV earlier - I would have really lost big on that had I done so.

01/03/2024​

DEAL​

Sweetgreen Inc​

DFB​

+0.50​

1632.4​

1628.6​

£​

£-1.90​

DIAAAAML9H35JBC​

01/03/2024​

DEAL​

NetApp Inc​

DFB​

+0.15​

11113​

10547​

£​

£-84.90​

DIAAAAML9HQH9AY​

01/03/2024​

DEAL​

fuboTV Inc​

DFB​

+4​

202​

188​

£​

£-56.00​

DIAAAAML9JL79AS​

01/03/2024​

DEAL​

Eastman Kodak Co​

DFB​

+1​

518​

565​

£​

£47.00​

DIAAAAML88XPNAS​

01/03/2024​

DEAL​

Dell Technologies Inc​

DFB​

+0.24​

11981​

12231​

£​

£60.00​

DIAAAAML88LZPAR​

29/02/2024​

DEAL​

C3.ai Inc​

DFB​

+1​

3698​

3572​

£​

£-126.00​

DIAAAAMLZ7GEYAR​

29/02/2024​

DEAL​

C3.ai Inc​

DFB​

+1​

3684​

3668.9​

£​

£-15.10​

DIAAAAMLZ5F8JAR​

29/02/2024​

DEAL​

Amazon.com Inc (All Sessions)​

DFB​

-1​

17467​

17528​

£​

£-61.00​

DIAAAAMLZF5AFA3​

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Yes, not sure why I should want to though?
I've been looking at etfs. If it's something like SMH (semiconductors), have a look. They don't jerk about as much. I have some pension/"savings" in some. PLus there are leveraged ones you don't get an overnight fee with (unlike cfd) , as such, though it's probably built in somehow.

Just look at a graph of NVD2 or 3SMAH or the QQQ5 or 3PLTR or even 3LRR,,,, YOu'd only have to be mostly right to clear a couple hundred on 10k a day. I am aware though that much of the ups are overnight, which makes life tricky.

Talking of holding, I had some ASML when the (Dutch) market closed Friday so got caught for 3 nights of their bloody exorbitant charge. I was cross.
It was 200 shares iirc, fees $450. Rude words rude words.
Stock jumped $4k off the open :)

Because you said earlier that it's like waves on a beach - you can predict that the price will keep going back and forth. Well, what does it go back and forth around? The average price surely? So look to buy when it's below that.
Only if it has upward momentum, like the water. That helps you guess where it's going to change direction. Useful for scalping, not entering.

It may well come back eventually which means consider holding on (I think you would have been ok if you had).
My first thought was simply buy when below, for reversion to the mean etc, but if you listen carefully they - esp Neal and Cherif - only buy when the stocks "doing well". Cherif has sets of rules, about previous end of day price, whether it's obove VWAP, - listen out.

Same old same old, I look to
find a TREND, then
Go WITH it, from
a POINT OF ENTRY. Or bitcoin price, or overall sentiment for the day, or a catalyst for the stock
Often Shawn & co go from Benzinga's info, to inform his intuition which seems to get it mostly right, hence sitting in a stock all day. It's remarkable though, he might decide he's only going to Short today, and then makes money multiple times while a stock rises on the moves within each candle or two. I'm not that clever, usually. Neal makes money from the same stock going long.

Have you looked at Benzinga? Worth it. They give a lot of info free. If you look at Twitter, Trader Prad is ok, he used to be on TTV.
Swawn is getting under my skin. "Look how clever we were" like he's the queen. Someone in the chat said they couldn't manage a profit on a scalp he made - Shawn said he didn't want to hear it. Nice.
Shawn makes stuff up about what he did and didn't say, too. And I honestly don't mind about his kids hockey..... The Podcasts - I've only sampled - seem to be just clickbait so they get ad revenue.
Obi is getting good, he's not as "clever" as Neal so he's easier to follow. One day, Adara will take them all to the cleaners!

Looks like bitcoin and chips again. I have some other stuff to do so may not linger.

Oh that Hyundai Motor thing I said I thought might swing, swung up today. A mere 6% - a trifle! Wonder what's up at Ocado.

Last edited:
Just got into three things today, all around 3:30pm. Shame I didn't get out of Phunware earlier, but going WITH it you know.

• 04/03/2024 19:10
    GSK PLC
    +1
    -£18.00
    Macy's Inc
    +3
    -£60.60
    Phunware Inc
    +5
    £74.00
  • Total
    -£4.60

Tricky day but NVDA and SMCI did ok for a while, and then Tesla tanked reassuringly. Lots of stoppings-out but eked a very few percent out of it.
Man I hate that SMC. The spread can cost £hundreds, then the bugger turns backwards!
I was a bit tired - fatal.
I now have a legit copy of MS365 so should be able to set up Excel - it gets share prices , somehow. Do you use it?
Need more screens. Ten should do....

Anyone know much about the Motley fool?

Are these advise company's worth a subscription too?

Tricky day but NVDA and SMCI did ok for a while, and then Tesla tanked reassuringly. Lots of stoppings-out but eked a very few percent out of it.
Man I hate that SMC. The spread can cost £hundreds, then the bugger turns backwards!
I was a bit tired - fatal.
I now have a legit copy of MS365 so should be able to set up Excel - it gets share prices , somehow. Do you use it?
Need more screens. Ten should do....
Yes, not much for share prices though.

• 05/03/2024 20:37
    Target Corp
    +0.50
    -£56.50
    Apple Inc (All Sessions)
    £33.00
    GitLab Inc
    £264.00
  • 05/03/2024 15:30
    Marathon Digital Holdings Inc
    +3
    -£541.20
  • 05/03/2024 15:05
    Marathon Digital Holdings Inc
    +3
    £147.90
  • 05/03/2024 14:59
    Phunware Inc
    +3
    -£372.60
  • Total
    -£525.40

for that -£ 541, were you waiting 20 minutes for it to turn?
1709695789402.png

I got a bit from TTV's suggestions (Amazon, Apple) but then I didn't find enough entries so started being ill disciplined and taking chances, so I stopped.

for that -£ 541, were you waiting 20 minutes for it to turn?
View attachment 335550.

I got a bit from TTV's suggestions (Amazon, Apple) but then I didn't find enough entries so started being ill disciplined and taking chances, so I stopped.
Bitcoin setting a new high seemed to provide a catalyst for Marathon, so I wanted to stick with the trend for the whole day. But after 20 minutes bitcoin had come down from its high much more than I expected, and didn't look like going back there, so I got out.

Anyone know much about the Motley fool?

Are these advise company's worth a subscription too?

There are no hot tips.
You can get informed commentary froma broker like Hargreaves Lansdown. your bank Forbes, The Telegraph, Yahoo, etc etc free.

Whatever you do, create a separate Google email and login for all of those organisations.
There's a massive and clever army of them, all trying to get you to pay them for the next big thing, I hada couple of extra emails, but even so, names are evidently sold and you find inexplicable appearances.
Motley fool will ask you to give an email to send stuff to. They aren't the worst by a long way. A number will tell you there's a new AI thing being quietly pushed by Elon Musk and they know what it is blah blah, and they try to suck you in with a long video you have to wait to finish. You can shortcut them by googling - someone will say it's only so-and so which was publicised months ago.
One of them was pushing a co called Editas - gene editing . They apparently have a couple of patents but they don't make much profit. The tip is now months old

Many of their stock tips come to nothing. They give so many that some have to turn out right which they shout about.
You can get tips for this morning, theis week or this year. Look at Trade Ideas or Alpha Trends for short term commentary (some free stuff) also Benzinga which gives useful summaries of their premium info feed., They all have Twitter feeds.

If you want to see what's going on, there are lots of free share screeners, like Finvis or TradingView Yahoo, Google, Nasdaq... Morningstar, Trustnet.
If you want slower-term advice, look at ETF screers which will give you the results, of a SECTOR. Those are less volatile than individual shares.

You will find a lot of commentary that the Tech sector of the Nasdaq is is overheated, so I wouldn't put your life savings in there, but I would have some in there, on as close a watch as you can manage. NOthing like day trading, but read a news feed once a week, say. Bloomberg and CNBC on TV are ok.

I usually look for good recent performance, backed up by 1,3,6,12 months.
SOMe names to lookk at -
SMC aka SMCI. NVIDIA, AMD all chip related. The Sector ticker is SMH
You will also find those and others with a 2 or 3 in front which measn they go up or down twice as fast.
SMC doubled in 2 weeks, .we're all wondering where it'll go next.
NVIDIA is suely due a pullback, but they 've increased the price of their chips and can sell all they can make.
(DELL make servers, can't get enough NVIDIA chips so are using AMD).

Rolls Royce shares have been doing well, in fits and starts, adding up to very well..Good jet engines Boeing love and Airbus grudgingly accept, plus something about modular nuclear power plants.
In Germany, Rheinmetall
US General Electric
US ABERcrombie and Finch. Posh clothes
Look at something like General Electric to be less chip focused.
Eli Lilly (pharma) is a monster too.

If you want ETFs for for ISAs/pensions, anything GLOBAL is going to be largely USA, and then largely Tech stock. Loook them up, they may concentrate on just a few of the FAANG /FATANG/MAFAN and other scrambles of
Apple, Alphabet(Google - youtube) Meta, (= Zuckerberg), Tesla (Musk, Twitter) Nvidia, Microsoft, Amazon, Netflix, AMD, Broadcom (chips monster again), Netflix.

Some of the Titans have lain flat for a while, like Apple and one or two of the others. Those are massively overpriced if you look at the Price/Earnings ratios. Judging by those metrics seems to be out of fashion. They are quite able to drop their prices by a third, say, in a day. Meta did that a year or two back. Tesla did it. We're waiting for an NVIDIA crash.

ETF's :Looking outside USA tech, there's para above starting with RR, but also
Jupiter India - grew about 60% in the last year
Nomura Hedged Japan ditto - doing very well now. 20+% a month do you?
You can look up the numbers but as I have these to hand -
_____________________ week, month, 3 months, 6m, 12m all %. So 100 doubles your muneeeee.
FTSEall share_______ sod all,
Nasdaq 100_________1, 3,12, 18, 47 [3,5]
GE__________________ 3, 15, 39, 40, 83
RR__________________ 2, 20, 31, 76, 148 [3]
ABER_______________ 12, 32, 80, 155, 391
NVDA______________ 13, 28, 93, 86, 271 [3]
RHM_______________ 4, 30, 54, 70
Uber ______________ 3, 13, 34, 74, 135 [3?]
SMC_______________ 28, 64, 314, 289, 1015
There are many others - Palantir,...
SMH _______________ 5, 13, 31, 39, 80 (semiconductor sector) [3]
Jupiter India_______ 0.5, 3,18, 34,56
NomuraJap Hedg__ 1 , 4, 19, 22, 51

Global tech will be similar to the Japan figures.
Many best at the mo are bitcoin related - I'd avoid except for day trading, but I expect they'd be ok, It's here to stay. Pension funds are having to buy into it.

The numbers in sq b's [ ] are where I know there's a leveraged version. So for example 3NVDA at the moment is
1709731440543.png

In many pensions you CAN have shares and leveraged ETF's

Abercrombie: x7 since May.
1709731164303.png

Warning, this is 3x Meta. Not much reason why it won't happen again:
1709731958309.png

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back