Stockport Council Meeting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can't believe what I have just read about my local council.

After the elections earlier this year, Conservative and Labour groups tried to vote in secret to decide who ran the Council for the next year.

The Manchester Evening News threatened legal action, so the vote wasn't carried out behind closed doors.

Guess what?

A Lab/Con coalition was voted for.

Nothing like honesty and transparency in our voting system.

Sponsored Links
Does it not show that both the Conservatives and Labour are s**t scared of the Lib Dems?

It was open to the Tories to ally with LD to bury Labour, or Labour+LD to bury the Tories, but those two enemies obviously decided that the LD were a bigger threat to them than the other.

Labour and Conservative coalition.
A bit like Stalin and Churchill.

Sponsored Links
Can't believe what I have just read about my local council.

After the elections earlier this year, Conservative and Labour groups tried to vote in secret to decide who ran the Council for the next year.
Most councils discuss some issues behind closed doors due to them having now been allowed to change their 'constitutions' ad hoc...

And council officers 'recommendations' are often not disclosed either...

Such is the state of local 'democracy' in the UK!

Most councils UK central governments discuss some issues behind closed doors due to them having now been allowed to change their the 'constitutions' 'constitution' ad hoc...

And council officers special advisors 'recommendations' are often not disclosed either...

Such is the state of local 'democracy' in the UK!

Back