Stone walls - Preparing for plasterboarding/tiling - HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm overhauling the bathroom in my stone house and as every bit of the old plaster was completely shot, the whole lot had to come off. I've been left with a bare stone wall (see my images) and I've got no idea how best to prepare this for retiling - HELP!

Something tells me dotting and dabbing isn't going to cut it - besides, there's so much dust even after hours of cleaning, I doubt board adhesive will grab properly to put boards on unless there's a trick I'm missing.

Don't pretend to be anything other than a relative DIY novice so any help would be great please.

Sponsored Links
You really need to replace like for like here, so lime render is the way you need to go IMO.

Not an easy solution for you but the construction method demands it. You could go down the PB route but you will have to frame it out to allow the wall to breath adding vents etc......

What part of Yorkshire are you?

thats my plan a from another thread< where in sunny yorks are you?

Sponsored Links
Thats where i live, If you need some help or advice let me know, if you want me to come and look.

As what you are planning to do, is what i am doing at the moment, in 4 different houses. Ive been trying to find other Solutions that are cost effective or more efficient or time saving etc...but it all comes back to studs, insulation and PB.

Let me know if you need "owt" as they say up here......

brad
Marsden Plastering Services
07554 425524

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back