Stop and Search powers to be made permanent

Sponsored Links
Bias and prejudice are not reasonable grounds, are they?

Bias and prejudice are not reasonable grounds, are they?
That’s right, thats why I said you wouldn’t have any bias or produces. My point is, laws are made and we have to employ, train and entrust those employed to carry them out without bias or preduce. There are always going to be bad apples in any organisation - we've just had a police officer kill a young girl - but all we can do is put in some steps to prosecute those that do wrong. What’s the alternative?

Sponsored Links
@Captain Nemesis This is what they could look for on a stop and search.

• illegal drugs
  • a weapon
  • stolen property
  • something which could be used to commit a crime, such as a crowbar

How would you interpret that? What would give YOU reasonable grounds to search people for those items if not experience and instinct?

Last edited:
Knowing that I'm not a criminal I'd rather quite like to go about my business without being stopped, let alone searched.

A friend was stopped years ago in the early hours:

Officer: Where are you going at this time?
Him: Work
Officer: Funny time to be going to work
Him: You're at work aren't you?

Didn't go down particularly well. **** off enough people by messing with them when they're perfectly decent people is a brilliant way to kill off what little respect is left.

One would have thought, that you should appreciate the fact that stop and search, helps reduce crime.

To complain as an innocent person being stopped, is pathetic and pointless, help the police, don't obstruct.

One would have thought, that you should appreciate the fact that stop and search, helps reduce crime.

To complain as an innocent person being stopped, is pathetic and pointless, help the police, don't obstruct.

lmao it doesn't reduce crime at all. It's not pathetic or pointless to be concerned for your own privacy or wanting to go about your business without baseless interruption.

It's pathetic to suggest that an innocent person should just accept we're all criminals until we prove we're not.

Perhaps if we all carried a note from our employers to explain our presence on the streets at such times . . . . !

This could work well, we could set up a Gov'n'mnt' dept to issue the passes & at the same time they could vet us for any possible criminal record. Of course, any undesireables wouldn't be issued with a pass & therefore they wouldn't be out on the streets would they?

I can see lots more videos on youtube now, lots more stop and search of people just because they happen to be there.
Can we have your details mate.
No officer, I have not committed a crime.
Oh it's OK we'll search you then... and get your details that way.

Of course, if you have done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear.
Well except harassment and abuse by thicko plod who think they can walk all over you.

Or so youtube suggests.

lmao it doesn't reduce crime at all.
Have a look at this article and tell me what you think those that were carrying those weapons were carrying them for. Fun? They could easily have been used against you or one of your friends and family. If there were no stop and searches, I think it’s fair to assume that even more people would be carrying them. Would you like people like that to have the freedom to carry such weapons with no way of apprehending them until they have been used on someone?

Knowing that I'm not a criminal I'd rather quite like to go about my business without being stopped, let alone searched.

A friend was stopped years ago in the early hours:

Officer: Where are you going at this time?
Him: Work
Officer: Funny time to be going to work
Him: You're at work aren't you?

In my entire life, I have only been stopped and questioned by the police once. I was around 18 and making my way through Bristol at 2am, hitch-hiking to Cornwall with a heavy rucksack on my back. I was simply asked what I was doing and where I was going, nothing more. Pleasantries exchanged, I was on my way.

Didn't go down particularly well. **** off enough people by messing with them when they're perfectly decent people is a brilliant way to kill off what little respect is left.

There are not enough police, to be able to '**** off enough people'.

In my entire life, I have only been stopped and questioned by the police once. I was around 18 and making my way through Bristol at 2am, hitch-hiking to Cornwall with a heavy rucksack on my back. I was simply asked what I was doing and where I was going, nothing more. Pleasantries exchanged, I was on my way.

That's the way it should be, but the idiots on here will cause trouble, and aggravate the situation.

I can see lots more videos on youtube now, lots more stop and search of people just because they happen to be there.
Can we have your details mate.
No officer, I have not committed a crime.
Oh it's OK we'll search you then... and get your details that way.

Of course, if you have done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear.
Well except harassment and abuse by thicko plod who think they can walk all over you.

Or so youtube suggests.
Just be co-operative and drop any attitude then you won't have a problem.

Sponsored Links
Back