Stop Cats ****ting in front garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anyone have any ideas to stop the local cats ****ting in my front garden, we have gravelled the front with 1" stone all the cats in the neighborhood use it as a toilet, any ideas on how to stop them, is there something you can spray on the stones that smells bad to them etc....... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
have a look down the last page or two this topic was done to death recently

Get a couple of empty 2l bottles of soda, peel all the labels off and fill them 3/4 full with water. Lay them on the gravel and say goodbye to your cat troubles.

Sponsored Links
W_Axl_Rose said:
Get a couple of empty 2l bottles of soda, peel all the labels off and fill them 3/4 full with water. Lay them on the gravel and say goodbye to your cat troubles.

WHY?

Olbas Oil works a treat.

Put a few drops on an old dried tea bag, and scatter the bags at about one per square metre.

Tea bags are biodegrabale and rot down (maybe not ideal for your stones but great for flower beds). Renew every couple of months. The cats will let you know when it's time to renew.

Cheap and easy.

There is a product called 'silent roar' which are pellets soaked in lion poo and are supposed to repell cats. Might do the trick ;)

The best method is to use your own urine, that will keep the cats away.
The downside of this is when it rains it washes it away, so you would have to keep up a good supply for at least a week.

That shouldnt be much of a problem for some of the men lol, just come home from the pub and do the business in the garden.;)

The sonic scarers work too, but you have to give them time to have an effect. At first the cats aren't put off and may even sit next to them. It takes a while before it seems to annoy them. The cats don't seem to like takin a dump with the shrill noise around them.

I had lots of cats visit my garden and after a few months they stayed away. One of the old moggies across the road even croaked it, but I think that was coincidence :eek:

Type in Cat Scarer on ebay(green in yellow/red box). I have 2 set up in a cross fire arc from both sides of front garden and 1 in back garden. Buy a power adaptor as they eat batteries.

Costs a few quid as a solution, but worth it IMO...

Train them to be scared of the sonic thing. Coax them into your garden, then turn the sonic thing on. Cat sits there happy, now punch it in the head. Cat runs off. Turn sonic off, and coax cat back in. Sonic on, punch cat.

Repeat as many times as needed until the cat instantly runs when it hears the sonic scarer.

(Dont actually punch the cat...a water pistol would probably do the trick...someone may report you if they see you punching their cat!)

Thay use your garden as a cazi because you've probably been nasty to them in the past. Be nice to them give them a stroke, leave a bowl of milk.
And before you lot start I am not taking the ****.
My house is surrounded by cats, I used to throw stones and shout etc. And i am convinced that they would wait for me to appear at the window and then have a dump. Those cats moved away.

When the new cats arrived I was nice to them and they go somewhere else for a dump. I think they now treat my property as there own, they walk around it but no crapping.

Some issue passports to make them feel at home. I would like rid of them and their ****. I don't spend thousands of € and endless hours to make our garden a haven for vermin. If I had my way the filthy ******** would have to wear id tags like dogs and their owners made to pay for the damage they cause. Pity shooting them is illegal.

hitbit

ManPlatFireGdn6930.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back