Cats leaving donations....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A local cat has started to use my small garden as a toilet. Its very annoying and I have tried the pepper stuff but it didnt work. Any other ideas?? before I do something I shouldnt do.... :evil:

Sponsored Links
Other options are (in order of legality) Electronic cat scarers from a good garden centre etc., hosepipe and patience, get/train a dog to hate cats, big boot, air rifle/shotgun.
Think the 1st might be your best option !! although if you keep your soil moist (as I do) no problems with a cat, even our own !!!

My next door neighbour have got Electronic cat scarers to stop my cats going into their house and make no difference :!:

There is a new product called Scarecrow Motion-Activated Sprayer according to write up they works very well.See this.

I think i'll dig a load of manure into the soil. It certainly puts me off.

Sponsored Links
the "scarecrow" as mentioned has been out for a couple of years. they are very good but do suffer a few problems

they must have a hose which is turned on 24/7, because of this they are (well the hose is) prone to freezing in the winter so will not work

They are a nusance when you forget they are on, and walk in its field of "fire"

if you shop around the price varies imensly.

I favour an ultrasonic elephant scarer, it must be good as there are no elephants in my garden :LOL:

on the whole and joking aside, shop round and get one cats (most) do not like water, and will soon get fed up with being soaked

Hi, its an old trick but certainly works for my Grandma, she has a 2litre bottle of water on the lawn, or in the spot where the cat is most likely to go, it has worked for my Grandma for a very long time, no cats ever come near her garden.

Scoby_Beasley said:
I forgot that one, its the reflections that put em off

Yes,but if you run out of vodka use water instead as it give a better reflections than vodka and it's cheaper too Hic !!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

there is a plant pee off its common name but real name is coleus canina, plant it beside its toilet its kept them away from my fish pond for the last few months but i believe they do not like our winters it might be ok where you live but up north they die i hope this helps if not buy yourself a lurcher dog that will fettle it but i would not hurt a cat thats why i bought the plants

I've not tried this, but somebody told me cats can't stand WD40 and if it's sprayed where they enter your garden they won't cross it.
t-p.

I agree with StudentNurseSarah - place plastic bottles of water near to the spot they are using. They do not like their reflection and go elsewhere. In Spain many new houses put plastic bottles of water outside th :oops: :oops: eir gates to stop cats and dogs using the entrance as a toilet or as an area to spray their scent.
:oops: :evil: :evil: [/img]

tomatopete said:
I've not tried this, but somebody told me cats can't stand WD40 and if it's sprayed where they enter your garden they won't cross it.
t-p.
Does it make them slip off your fence :?: :?: :LOL:

There is a plant on the market registered 'Scardy Cat' that claims to have a stench that cats detest and will not go near. It is called Coleus Canina and I seen it in the Thompson & Morgan catalouge. I have looked on their website but it is not on, probably because the advert in the catalouge says 'mail order exclusive'. You could phone 01787 884 141 for a free catalouge though

Graeme said:
There is a plant on the market registered 'Scardy Cat' that claims to have a stench that cats detest and will not go near. It is called Coleus Canina and I seen it in the Thompson & Morgan catalouge. I have looked on their website but it is not on, probably because the advert in the catalouge says 'mail order exclusive'. You could phone 01787 884 141 for a free catalouge though
Try here, halfway down the page.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back