Stop Cats ****ting in front garden

I think cats are great, may my lil' tiger dump in my neighbours gardens like theres no tommorow! :evil:

Sponsored Links
Perhaps your neighbour should dump in your garden in the dead of night. I'm sure that would make you smile.

hitbit

rottweiler_puppies_for_sale_euro091.jpg

Sponsored Links
I wonder who's the pet Freddie or tiger. Its plain to see which one's the silly sod.

Just to add to this thread as I have found a new discreet cat scarer which doesn't harm, soak or hurt cats. The product names are SSScat and Garden Ghost. You can google them to find a website with them actually working. The ssscat website is american and they have a 'as seen on tv clip' which gives you a better idea of operation. press play on page.They work with a can of compressed gas but seems you can use refills with neutrodol etc with no detriment.

The head unit clips onto the canister and has a little PIR sensor of about a 1 metre range. When Mr moggie walks past he gets a very short squirt up towards his arris which immediately (and I mean immediately) sends them running away at top speed. Have about 4 dotted around in my garden in well travelled paths, fences or hidden in flowerbeds. Since then haven't seen one cat in my garden, although I don't sit waiting for them. Have lent one to a friend who also reported great success with it to stop his garden being a toilet and general cat free for all.

I would say the SSScat is better since it is completely silent whereas the ghost emits a short beep( to train the cat?) which I don't like going off at night in the garden. lol. Also I made up some little rain deflectors(out of marg lids) to stick on top of them to stop water getting to the batteries.

Have given up on the ultrasonics as they packed up just after the warranty expired and don't work with deaf cats.

[/url]

Neuter them. The instinctive urge to move about (and into your yard) fades once male cats are neutered. Same for female cats and yowling (sometimes).

Then again, neutering them all is probably more of a task than simply scaring them off...

Neuter them. The instinctive urge to move about (and into your yard) fades once male cats are neutered. Same for female cats and yowling (sometimes).
That's completely untrue. And you should be neutered for suggesting that someone neuter their neighbour's cat(s).

Best advice is to get to know the cat, feed it etc. It will consider it safe territory and soil elsewhere ... They don't soil their own areas.

MW

In my opinion, the fact that topics like this one constantly appear in loads of forums shows there's a problem and people should contact their council and mp.

If you know the owners, it wouldn't hurt to make sure they know its happening (politely).

I'd recommend 2 sonic scares (one for front garden, one for back) and rechargeable batteries.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back