Stop Cock only stops downstairs supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone, I hope someone can help.

After successfully building some shelves I decided no DIY task was too small ... ( I might live to regret this )

Anyway I have embarked on fixing shower, in the loft conversion, that had water behind the tiles ands a slightly dripping tap.

The pipes leading to the shower valve dont have any isolating valves (?) so before I proceed I want to turn the water off at the stopcock.
However when I found the stop cock and closed it it only stops the water on the ground floor, not the bathroom or the bathroom in the loft conversion.
I have tried all the isolating valves by each sink in case they were somehow magically going to stop the water on on of the upstairs .. they dont.
I have followed the pipes and can only assume whoever did the plumbing decided an internal stop cock isn't needed for the whole house.

Or Im wrong
attached is a photo of the pipes under the stairs and what I think does what
from the pipe that I assume goes up stairs that I can't find a stopcock for there is an electrolytic scale reducer attached to the pipe.
so how do I stop the water going up to the shower ? Will I have to turn to off from outside ?
Should I get a plumber to fit a stop cock or is it possibly elsewhere?

also attached is a photo of the shower valve I wish to replace

any ideas?

Attachments

• tempImage6R2HO7.png
    tempImage6R2HO7.png
    2 MB · Views: 90
  • tempImageKCYQgr.png
    tempImageKCYQgr.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_8924.jpg
    IMG_8924.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 85
Sponsored Links
thanks for reply . You are a genius ! I looked everywhere except behind the timber . Some of aren't cut out for this type of work .. haha
thanks man

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
hot water is from a combo boiler . I am assuming that closing this stopcock will also stop the hot water. Is this correct?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back