Stop drill from wandering

Sponsored Links
Nilfisk do a vacuum adapter, it does work, both in sticking to the wall and extracting the dust. More expensive but more effective than an envelope and masking tape, and the tapered connector fits other makes.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nilfisk-107402478-Adapter-Multi-wet-cleaner-x/dp/B005LIVUQ4

Blup

A mate of mine made something similar. He used the clear plastic lid that a router bit came in. Hot melt glue held rubber to the edges. He drilled a hole large enough to accommodate a spigot for his 27mm Festool hose (again using hot melt glue to hold the spigot) and then drilled a small aperture for the sds drill bit to pass through. It worked very well.

Sponsored Links
Use hammer fixings. They hold in just about anything.

Not particularly useful if you need to make minor adjustments though, eg levelling the TV bracket.

When I built my thermolite garage I did use the screw type hammer fixings to hold down the timber that I then screwed the roofing joists to. They worked well but I don't see them as being suitable for anything that needs accuracy or that needs to be removable (especially given how wide the the nylon collar is).

I have a problem with my drill wandering too.
I put it down on my bench at work and no sooner have I turned my back that it has wandered off somewhere not to be seen again for a few hours.
It usually returns once it's battery has run out though.
:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back