Stopcock leaking

Hello, This is a non return and anti vacuum valve. I don't think they make them anymore. I can't stop the leak, does anyone know of a suitable replacement. Thanks.

152000_151962_27823_22008096_thumb.jpg

Sponsored Links
click to enlarge this picture or right click to open full size

your diagram suggests it is leaking from a compression joint. Take it apart (the olives will not come off, and their nuts will therefore be captive), clean all the mating surfaces with wire wool or a green plastic kitchen scourer, wrap 4 turns of PTFE tape round each olive, overlapping half a tape's width onto the copper pipe, and reassemble, taking care not to scuff the tape. Do it up moderately tight and it will not leak.

PTFE tape is quite a modern invention and some older plumbers disapprove of it. However it is very effective at preventing compression joints from leaking.

PTFE tape is quite a modern invention and some older plumbers disapprove of it. However it is very effective at preventing compression joints from leaking.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hello, Thanks for all that. This is what I thought of doing, because its a fairly cheap repair. I read that PTFE tape only works on tapered threads, could this be an issue?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back