Storage Boxes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning everyone!

I apologise if this is in the wrong place but I wasn't sure which forum to put it in.

Being the military I have tons of kit and I've been looking for a selection of decent storage boxes for my garage but I can't find any less than around £60. The bigger the better and also they need to be air tight to prevent mould. Any suggestions would be great.

Regards

Sponsored Links
Old military moving cases would be my solution, if you can get them that is. I have two which fold up, hinged with flexi metal hinges, riveted on. You may have seen these in the military...no?

Cheers...pinenot :)

I've seen the moving cases but I need something airtight for the shed. I've heard b and q have some so going to have a look later on but didn't know if anywhere on the web were cheap.

Wrapped in polythene or better still vacuum bags, then with lid screwed on was my thought...pinenot :)

Sponsored Links
the trouble with airtight if there is any moisture in the contents or the air surrounding it it can cause mold
better to have vented and covered

Could you recommend anywhere to get some big containers at a decent price? I've seen 110ltr for £17 at a cash and carry

my suggestion would be sort out what you have into light medium and heavy
you dont need a full storage system built like a tank
you will need one part built like a tank
one part built like a sturdy soldier
and one part for clothes and bedding

so find one or more systems that fit your requirement a fits all system will be overly engineered and expensive

Morning everyone!

I apologise if this is in the wrong place but I wasn't sure which forum to put it in.

Being the military I have tons of kit and I've been looking for a selection of decent storage boxes for my garage but I can't find any less than around £60. The bigger the better and also they need to be air tight to prevent mould. Any suggestions would be great.

Regards

You only get mold if garage is damp and poorly ventilated.

Lidl are currently advertising forthcoming plastic storage boxes, should be worthwhile as they come with a guarantee...pinenot :)

Check out the army surplus places. We use everything from ammo boxes to the larger firearm moving cages, they are a quality build and air tight. We keep a lot of tools in a box trailer stored inside a workshop and damp is always a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back