Storage heater bills are incredibly high!

It seems Economy 7 does not suit your life style. It will also depend on how well insulated the property is, I noted with mothers house turned heating down to 16°C over night at 21°C during the day, and the temperature never dropped to 16°C, the house clearly well insulated.

This house varies room to room, dinning room with patio doors soon cools, but living room also with patio doors takes longer, and bedroom varies very little in temperature.

But unlikely a storage radiator heated 11 pm to 6 am will still be giving out heat at 9 pm. There are better ways to store heat, bother-in-law had massive water tanks extremely well insulated and radiators and the pump only circulated the water when required.

But installation cost and space was a problem.

The inferred heater is the fastest but hard to control, the fan heater next, but depends on home if circulating air is good or not, with any single glazed windows circulating air looses a lot of heat. But kick space heaters in the kitchen work well.

The simple convection heater works well, however if the room looses too much heat, it can cause a hysteresis problem, with the temperature dropping too much before they switch back on.

The oil filled radiator is likely the easiest and safest option, the small amount of heat it stores reduces the hysteresis problem.

OK heat pumps seem great, but installation cost again.

So reading what you say about your life style I would use wifi socket adaptors and oil filled radiators and get rid of economy 7, with the right system you can even use geofencing to turn on heating just before you get home, although personally I would use fixed time.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back