Storage heater cutting out.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Badsaboy
Hi thanks for looking

I moved my storage heater creda tsr24aw and the front insulation panel broke. I couldn't find a direct replacement so I installed a thermal mat type heat shield.

I also replaced one of the elements which although it's a direct replacement there is a slight height difference compared to the others

Now when I put the heater on it will work for 2-3 days then switch off. I can then reset the thermal cut-out and it comes back on.

So is it the insulation or lack there of? The element? Or the thermal cut out switch.

Thanks in advance.

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/storage-heater-switches-off.489824/#ixzz4uQJvXELt

Sponsored Links
I would suspect the thermal cut out, if its ok for one day it should be good for two or more days. Can you swap it with another from a working heater?

No don't have another of the same model. I sucked up and bought replacement front panel insulation. If that doesn't work then I'll try the thermal switch.

Similar to an immersion heater there is a thermostat which can be set to how much temperature you want it to go to, but if the maximum is exceeded the trip fails safe.

So with most heaters you have a control called input which is the thermostat for incoming heat.

Sponsored Links
Will lower the input and see what happens after I replace the insulation. Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back