Storage heater need insulation.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. Hope you all have a fantastic xmas and new year.
I recently bought a 2nd hand Creda storage heater TSR24ACW specification 75772003S. All is good and working but their is no insulation on the front panel. Looked and it seems you can only get with the front panel at around £160. Is there any other insulation or insulation boards I can get and cut to size to use instead? Any suggestions or where I can just get the insulation on its own will be massively appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The material is usually ceramic fibre board, so if you can find some of the correct thickness and size, that may be a suitable replacement.
However it's a fairly expensive material, so the savings may not be particularly great, if any.
Most of the cost of the panel & insulation will be the insulation - the panel is just a pressed steel sheet.

Thanks for replying. The insulation was missing from the start. Any idea on finding out how many mm it has normally with this model? Also if I buy some ceramic fibre board will that be safe in the extreme temperatures that storage heater generate? Thanks again for all the advice.

Any idea on finding out how many mm it has normally with this model?
It should fill the space between the bricks and the front panel - so it's measure the space, or ask the manufacturer (although they may not tell you).
Ceramic fibre board is normally rated to 1000°C or more, so yes, it will be safe.

Sponsored Links
I’ll tape various plastic packets to it when it’s cold and try and replace the cover to see how many mm I can add and still fit the cover. Thanks again for all your help.

Might me easier to pick up a very old storage heater from an ecycle Facebook group, and just butcher it for its insulation....

The insulation usually turns very crumbly in old heaters though.

The insulation around the bricks yes, but I've not seen issues with the front panel insulation in the 20-odd year old Dimplex ones I removed last year

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back