Storing mdf laminate product in garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchased a folding pool table which I presume is made out of msg laminate, see link below:

https://www.rileyleisure.com/product-page/bce-5ft-rolling-lay-flat-folding-pool-table

Due to its size I was hoping to store folded up in garage when not in use, as garage is external and can get cold and damp in winter what would be the best way to protect it? A blanket? Plastic cover? Any particular material. I’m assuming not the cardboard box it came in as this would obviously get damp in winter. Grateful for any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Can you get those vacuum bags big enough?

I wouldn't think anything else would protect it well enough.

Thanks I did wonder about that not sure I’d find one big enough though, Ithought the fact the legs fold in might help protect against any warping and a blanket loosely covering might give warmth and not get too damp?

Some time ago I saw an air conditioned tent / bag that covered a small vintage car in a detached double garage.

There must be some product that can assist? some sort of [say] 2. m. X 1.5. m vacuum bag after all these things are readily available for long term compact storage of bedding Etc, we have several.

Ken

Sponsored Links
Thanks I did wonder about that not sure I’d find one big enough though, Ithought the fact the legs fold in might help protect against any warping and a blanket loosely covering might give warmth and not get too damp?
a blanked will do nothing more than help average out the cold and damp and may help or indeed may be a disadvantage if it hangs on to damp
a cold damp garage is not the best place for mdf as its likely to absorb moisture from the air

As big-all, MDF will absorb moisture this material is totally unsuited for any sort of an even mildly damp situation, it will slowly swell, then expand and finally break apart, even in conditions that "Appear" to be reasonably "Dry"

Ken

Back