Storm water drainage regs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have to run all drainage in on a very large newbuild, the front of the house has 8, yes 8 downpipes due to the roof layout, my question is does each and every trapped hopper for storm only have to feed into its own manhole or can i use "y"s on the run, and not have 8 covers showing along with the foul ones as well!!just trying to save the man a few quid but obviously itll have to pass building control when he visits! Thanks

Sponsored Links
Also, been a while since i did this stuff in an official capacity, are rockers outside manholes still mandatory or where they more for clay pipe??

Do they even need a trapped hopper (gulley) ? surely goes to a soakaway.

Sponsored Links
Hi, i have to run all drainage in on a very large newbuild, the front of the house has 8, yes 8 downpipes due to the roof layout, my question is does each and every trapped hopper for storm only have to feed into its own manhole or can i use "y"s on the run, and not have 8 covers showing along with the foul ones as well!!just trying to save the man a few quid but obviously itll have to pass building control when he visits! Thanks
Y or T junctions OK on rainwater...

...and you can rod from the bottle gullies. (y)

Do they even need a trapped hopper (gulley) ? surely goes to a soakaway.
Not for smells but isnt it advisable for trapping dirt off the roof, over time there will be a build up‍♂️

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back