Stovax Stockton Back Boiler issues... can it be upgraded?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I have a Stovax Stockton HB11, but it's hardly outputting any heat at all into the water system behind it. It's almost as if the heat exchanger is just really undersized, or I could have a blockage. Either way, do you know someone in the essex area that could potentially service/upgrade the machine? Is it even possible to put a larger heat exchanger on it?

To give you an example, even when the fire has been on for hours and the chimney is too hot to touch, I can hold the outlet behind the boiler in my hands. Doesn't matter if I turn the additional wilo pump on or off.

thx
Andy

Sponsored Links
Is there any water in it? The heat exchanger isn't anything fancy, just a metal box. Pipes should be 28mm minimum so unlikely to block (just as well, consequences could be explosive)

Is there any water in it? The heat exchanger isn't anything fancy, just a metal box. Pipes should be 28mm minimum so unlikely to block (just as well, consequences could be explosive)
@oldbutnotdead Thank you for your reply. Yeah there's water. We checked yesterday. We bled the rads again, and the rear of the stove. Also checked the tank. Thing is, once it's plumbed in, it's a bugger to take out. Just wondering if anyone's has ever modified theirs or knows of a swap in unit? Must be a way I can get the heat out of this into the system (this is completely separate to the main house, it's in an outbuilding set up).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back