Straightening and unrolling coiled 10mm copper tube

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 1meter roll of 10mm copper microbore pipe that is rolled. I need to straighten a 50cm stretch so that can get it through a wall and solder a elbow to keep it flush against the wall. However, unlike the plastic pipe the copper is rigid so unrolling it seems like it might kink or puncture the pipe. Is there a way to unroll this and straighten it without the use of some sort of spring?

Sponsored Links
Nothing needed, it is classed as soft copper, as against half hard 15/22mm copper that needs a spring or benders. Just take it slowly and hand straighten to get it as straight as possible.

Nothing needed, it is classed as soft copper, as against half hard 15/22mm copper that needs a spring or benders. Just take it slowly and hand straighten to get it as straight as possible.

Thanks. Another quick Question: I bought a pair of 10mm copper solder ring elbows as pictured below to solder to the 10mm soft copper i have. When I insert it for a dry fit into the 10mm copper it is very loose compared to when I insert a 15mm one into a 15mm pipe. Is this normal? I know the soldering will seal it but wondering if this is normal because I am used to soldering 15mm pipes and connectors and usually those connectors fit a bit more tightly into the pipe on dry fitting.

ae235

Sponsored Links
They sometimes are a bit more loose. It'll be fine.

Set your blowtorch on its lowest flame that is still stable.

10mm solders very quickly even compared to 15mm and if you overdo it on a Yorkshire all the solder will dribble out and then it will leak.

Go gentle, as soon as you see the solder flow, take the heat off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back