Strange fault with Stoves 707MF electric oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My Stoves oven has suddenly started displaying flashing number 8's across the 2 front display panels. None of the 3 control knobs will do anything at all. I've tried turning the oven off at the mains and back on but the same thing happens. Please help!
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the clock needs resetting, follow the instructions in instruction manual.

Thanks, but the oven should display zero's and not eight's when the clock needs setting according to the manual, plus none of the controls will do anything anyway. There is also a clicking noise that accompanies the flashing of the digits.

general concensus is to turn it off at the mains for over an hour so that it resets itself..

Sponsored Links
Yes it was the circuit board.

Yes, I thought so.

How did you get it repaired?
Who did the repair?
Did you pay for parts or engineer or both?

I'm very skeptical of the quality of Stoves PCBs. My four year old oven is needing its fourth set of boards!!! :mad:

Hi PiersR,

I'm looking to write a letter to Glen Dimplex (who make Stoves, and other branded, ovens) stating how I consider their PCBs not to be up to good standard. Would you agree and are you willing to countersign it?

Scarbs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back