Stoves 907mf electric fault (PCB issues)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Digital display simply flashes and audio unit creates a ticking sound.

Have disconnected the front panel from controller board and this reduces the volume of the ticking but fault remains.

Cannot currently use oven :rolleyes:

Any ideas please.

Sponsored Links
No, it's between three and four years, having been repaired twice before by Stoves!

I'm intending to write to Stoves with details of the repairs and continued problems. How long is a cooker such as this, almost £600, supposed to last?

The fault has been confirmed by an independent engineer. He diagnosed the main PCB at fault and recommended changing both boards as he wasn't sure if one board had caused the fault to the other!

This will be the fourth set of boards this oven has required!

Faulty oven?
Faulty design?
Poor quality PCBs?

Either way I no longer want the oven which is a shame as it looks good and when it is working cooks great :cry:

Sponsored Links
Well, in the short term I needed an oven and the choice was either to get the broken one repaired, to purchase another new one - but this would have to be a cheap one and perhaps lacking in quality - or we could purchase a good quality branded second hand one.

Another alternative is that we could always be given one but these things don't often happen!

I opted for a cheap Neff oven of about 7 years old. One of the hinges has worn and the main oven fan makes a small noise.

Hinges are easy to replace and cost £35. Fan is trickier to replace and only because the screws securing the inner backplate are rusty and stuck firm.

Any ideas as to how best remove these awkward screws?

I'll update my progress on here when there is some :LOL:

Thanks in advance.

Scarbs :eek: :eek: :LOL:

It seems that to persevere is beneficial.

Glen Dimplex, who make Stoves, have agreed to fund the repair for my faulty four year old oven.

I'll await it's repair then see how long these circuit boards last!!!

Scarbs

So, although Stoves had agreed so repair my oven free of charge the powerboard assembly is out of stock indefinitely. They had already sent me the controller board assembly.

So, now I have a non-working Stoves oven, a new controller board and the chance to have an exchanged product. Yes, Stoves are willing to supply me with an equivalent oven: Stoves S5-E900MS.

Before I take the plunge I'd like to have some more info on this model. Any reviews or drawbacks? How about reliablility?

I liked the 907mf I had as it was dual fan, both cavities had twin lights, the controls worked digitally and displayed a symbol of the relevant setting. It seems the S5-E900MS doesn't have any of these features!

Scarbs

Hi guys, new to the forum, thanks for sharing some useful info. Just to say Stoves comes with quite a reputation out there as being quality kit and the price would certainly support that... but my oven has just developed this flickering fault 2 days before xmas!!

Added to that the buttons on the hob have to be pressed with massive pressure just to get the igniter to work, then add to that, the stoves symbol wasn't glued on straight and is 'on the cock' it does'nt make good reading for what is supposed to be a quality brand..

Other than going to Stoves themselves or an independent repairer 2 days before xmas, does anyone have any ideas on what I can do for a quick fix.. turning off at mains hasn't worked.. Thanks

Hi guys, new to the forum, thanks for sharing some useful info. Just to say Stoves comes with quite a reputation out there as being quality kit and the price would certainly support that... but my oven has just developed this flickering fault 2 days before xmas!!

Added to that the buttons on the hob have to be pressed with massive pressure just to get the igniter to work, then add to that, the stoves symbol wasn't glued on straight and is 'on the cock' it does'nt make good reading for what is supposed to be a quality brand..

Other than going to Stoves themselves or an independent repairer 2 days before xmas, does anyone have any ideas on what I can do for a quick fix.. turning off at mains hasn't worked.. Thanks

I wish I could bring you good news. I'm not an electrical engineer and am not qualified in anything similar but I think a trip to the local retailer or a second hand one to tide you over would be the best option. Bosch, Neff, Smeg are the brands I would recommend.

If you pay to get a quote I would suspect that the circuit boards need replacing.

Stoves designs are super, the quality very much less so. Think of New World oven with a Stoves badge (a wonky one at that).

My Stoves MF707 has had similar problems, last time it cured itself after 7 days of malfunction. This time its gone for good. Stoves last time wanted call out fees for the engineer, plus new circuit boards and wouldn't guarantee them?

It would seem this product is faulty and Stoves won't accept they have any liability beyond 12 months.

I will have change to a different oven as the Stoves MF507 and MF707 are not of merchantable quality.

My Stoves MF707 has had similar problems, last time it cured itself after 7 days of malfunction. This time its gone for good. Stoves last time wanted call out fees for the engineer, plus new circuit boards and wouldn't guarantee them?

It would seem this product is faulty and Stoves won't accept they have any liability beyond 12 months.

I will have change to a different oven as the Stoves MF507 and MF707 are not of merchantable quality.

I wrote to Stoves several times and I paid for an independent engineer to assess the oven. The circuit boards were faulty - as I suspected from the previous 2 repairs! I wasn't going to have a third time :eek:

Eventually, after going through various necessary hoops I managed to get Stoves to agree to provide me with a replacement oven of equal or greater value. The model isn't available any more but an equivalent is http://www.stoves.co.uk/built-in-ovens/double/sterling-900mf/

I didn't open or use it and sold it on ASAP (I wasn't going to remain loyal to the brand :rolleyes: ). I now have a cheap second hand oven which has worked ever since!

My advice, persevere. Many years ago Stoves were a reputable brand. It seems they need to take action now, if they haven't already, and perhaps it's only the customer who can highlight this?

Let us know how you fare.

Scarbs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back