Strange issue with radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all!!
I have an extremely weird issue with my living room radiator.

Since moving in it has always been like warm at best at the top and cold st the bottom. Whereas the rest of the house all 11 other rads get toasty hot!
So this weekend I change the trv and locksheild for brand new. Still the issue remains. So I thought the rad was full of sludge so I replaced the rad. Again for a brand new one. Switched it all on and the issue is still exactly the same!! :(
So in a nutshell downstairs living room rad is warm at the top and cold at the bottom. New lockshield and trv and new rad exactly the same size.
I have also put all other rads fully open on the Trv's and only cracked open half a turn on the lockshields.

Any ideas??? Punp seems fine and is one setting 3. Pressure is around 1.5bar.

Any advice is welcome!!!!!! In at a loss.....

Thank you all thank you thank you thank you :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks Ianmcd! So I have done this and the rad is noticeable warmer all around now!! Thank you :) so what would the issue be? Balancing? Do I have to crack all the Trvs back on a smidge at a time now? Thank you so much!!!

yes it sounds like a balancing problem, you cant balance a radiator with the TRV, you balance them with the Lockshield at the other end of the rad from the TRV, completely close the Lockshields with the TRV on max and slowly open the L/S valves about 1/4 of a turn and see if everything heats up, open up the L/S all the way on the problem radiator to start with

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back