Strange Line Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I have added a phone line extension, and moved my router & phone
The phone & digicom are filtered, When i dial out on my phone and hang up everything is ok, However when the digital communicator dials out it sends its data as normal but when it hangs up after communication my broadband loses connection then comes back on after about 60 seconds. Its no problem as the digi sending signals to ARC ok just a bit curious as to why. It could have been doing this before i fitted the new extension but i have never noticed. :?:

Sponsored Links
Are you sure the communicator is filtered?

Is the communicator wired first on the line so it breaks the line to downstream phones (and router) to ensure it can seize the line even if there's a phone off-hook in the house?

Yes its filtered, Its on a BT plug & plugs directly in with the other phones so if a phone is off the hook it will not dial out, im ok with this as very unlikely to happen , Will send some open & close signals tonight and see if the arc receive them. It seems dial out ok its just strange it disconnects broadband when it hangs up the line.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back